The Department of Health is hosting a live webinar for aged care service providers next week on the draft quality standards and updates to the My Aged Care gateway.
The webinar will cover:
- system changes to My Aged Care introduced in December 2017
- an update on system changes planned for late February 2018
- an update on the draft Aged Care Quality standards.
The Department of Health released the latest Draft Aged Care Quality Standards last week marking the way for the Single Aged Care Quality Framework, which is due to be implemented from 1 July 2018 with assessment against the new standards commencing a year later.
The single set of eight standards, which will replace the four sets of standards currently covering residential care, home care, Aboriginal flexible care and transition care, are structured so organisations only have to meet the standards relevant to their service.
The webinar takes place on Wednesday, 14 February 2:00pm to 4:00pm AEDT and will include opportunities for providers to ask questions.
The panel of Department of Health speakers will include:
- Mike Brennan, aged care portfolio management office
- Amy Laffan. assistant secretary, aged care quality and regulatory reform branch
- Ben Cooper, business design team
- Georgina Keily, operational control section
Representatives from the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency will be present for the session on the draft standards, the department said.
To live stream the webinar, click here.
The Department of Health has also released new resources for providers and health professionals on My Aged Care system and processes. Access the service provider guides here and fact sheet for health professionals here.