This six-module course will equip you in your role as a case/care manager to conduct an independent assessment of clients, with a holistic, goal-oriented, wellness and reablement focus. This course has been aligned with units of competency for the National Skills set -Case Management Skills. It consists of theory and practical application of learning in the workplace.
It includes pre-reading, case studies, and extensive resources. The modules include assessment, care planning, goal setting, case conferencing, documentation, monitoring of consumer changes. The training includes competency testing via an interactive learning style. The training has been modified for the home care environment to ensure practical examples of how learning can be translated into practice.
By the end of this webinar course, you will be able to:
- Define the role a case/care manager
- Advocate for clients
- Conduct interviews and assessments
- Set goals with the client
- Develop care plans
- Communicate with clients and families/representatives
- Apply cultural sensitivity
- Complete the correct documentation
- Explain the financial impacts of case/care management
- Monitor the care plan to assess the effectiveness of interventions
- State the types of circumstances and triggers for reassessment