- This event has passed.
Code of Conduct for Aged Care
February 14 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
The Code and the Banning Orders are two mechanisms that have been introduced to enhance the quality and safety of services provided to older Australians. Providers must take specific steps to ensure that the Code has been effectively implemented and to understand banning orders, including assurance that it does not engage a person subject to a banning order.
If this is not done effectively, there is a risk of significant sanctions. This webinar will equip you with the skills and knowledge to effectively implement the Code and to manage your workforce in accordance with the requirements of the Code and Banning Orders, should these be issued.
By the end of this webinar course, you will be able to:
- Explain the Code of Conduct for Aged and what it means for approved providers, governing bodies, and aged care workers.
- Recognise the types of conduct covered by the Code.
- Explain a banning order and what it means.
- Describe what is required to ensure that workers and governing persons comply with the Code.
- Identify what is required to ensure your workforce understands the Code of Conduct.