As part of our Increasing Self-management in Home Care Project, we are running a series of consultations to hear from aged care consumers and family carers, and home care package providers and their staff, about:
1. What is known about self-management in home care packages
2. Interest in self-management with increasing levels of choice and control
3. The tasks and activities required to successfully self-managing at different levels
4. The information or support required by consumers to successfully self-manage their care and services
5. The criteria required to assess and self-assess ability to self-manage at different levels
6. The information and support required by organisations to offer increasing levels of self management
7. The training and development required for staff, and consumers and carers, to be
supported in this choice
The consultation will be split into two halves:
Providers and staff: 9am-11am
Consumers and carers: 1:30-3:30pm
Refreshments will be provided.
Your participation and feedback will support the development of Self-Management Toolkits for approved home care providers and their staff, and for consumers and carers, who participate in the project’s Home Care Package Self-management trial in 2018.