In this webinar, you will come away with a tangible set of skills that give you the confidence to carry out systematic and holistic clinical assessments. This course has been revised and updated for 2023 to reflect contemporary practice, examples, and information.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe the requirements of Clinical Assessment in the Aged Care Quality Standards and NDIS.
- Conduct clinical assessment policy and procedures.
- Identify which assessments can be conducted by non-clinicians.
- Describe different types of validated assessment tools and when these should be used.
- Practice holistic assessment: psychological, physical, functional, social, and spiritual domains.
- Establish systems to capture key information for comprehensive care delivery.
- Align the care plan with life goals.
- Assess for deteriorating conditions and changes.
- Implement clinical protocols, pathways, and guidelines.
- Apply clinical judgment, reasoning, and decision-making.
- Describe common errors and pitfalls with clinical assessments.
- Develop documentation for referrals and high-risk scenarios.
- Describe strategies to partner with consumers.
- Outline how clinical assessment relates to clinical Governance.