The new Aged Care Quality Standards require service providers to demonstrate they:
• encourage consumers to give feedback on the care and services they receive
• have effective methods of managing consumer complaints and responding to feedback
• take appropriate action to resolve complaints, applying open disclosure if things go wrong
• monitor and review feedback and complaints
• use complaints and feedback to improve care and service quality
• have established effective organisation-wide systems and governance
With a strong focus on transparency, openness and taking effective action, it’s essential that service providers can demonstrate a positive organisational culture that welcomes complaints. Every piece of consumer feedback should be seen as an opportunity to learn and improve service and care quality.
This intensive one day masterclass helps service providers understand what’s required to implement world-class complaints management in their organisations.
You’ll learn about:
• what the new Aged Care Quality Standards 2019 mean for complaints management
• what world-class best practice in complaints management looks like
• how to tackle the defensive organisational behaviour that’ll prevent you from meeting the standards
• creating a culture that welcomes complaints and feedback
• how to use complaints and feedback to drive continuous improvements in service quality
• putting your new skills into practice, creating an individual action plan to transform your own organisation
See the registration site for more information on the detailed programme for the day.