De-mystifying Wellness and Reablement
Wellness and reablement are important principles of consumer-directed care for all government-funded services. The future model of home care includes a stronger focus and approach on how you work with consumers and clients to improve their quality of life and health outcomes. Unless your service has a comprehensive and organisational-wide approach, progress towards wellness and reablement can be limited.
What will this webinar include?
• Preparing your service for short term reablement services
• The Aged Care Quality Standards and wellness and reablement
• Review of the key principles of Wellness and Reablement in CHSP
• Incorporating wellness and reablement in to care package design
• Wellness and reablement in the context of assessment and goal setting
• Introducing qualitative and quantitative outcome measures
• Assessing and managing risks e.g. carer burnout, risk of abuse, deterioration of
• mental health, isolation etc.
• Reviewing your social support activities and other CHSP service types
• Embedding a culture of wellness and reablement in policies and practices
• Ideas for what services providers can offer your service to enhance wellness and
• How to report using an outcome-based model
• Promotion of the Wellness and Reablement communities of practice