You will come away from this webinar with a clear understanding of the key issues to consider and what systems, structure and culture you need to have in place to support the management of chronic pain in home care.
What will this webinar include?
- Legislative and legal considerations in Home Care
- Requirements in the Aged Care Quality Standards and NDIS Practice Standards
- Defining Chronic Pain – five categories of pain
- Understanding the burden of pain in a home care context
- Psycho-social and spiritual dimensions of pain
- Use of validated assessment tools
- Care planning and pain management
- Managing co-morbidities with pain management
- Interdisciplinary pain management
- Range of treatments of pain
- Reporting and documenting pain management
- Educating consumers, families/carers about pain management
- Working within the scope of practice regarding pain management