The National LGBTI Ageing and Aged Care Conference 2014 aims to ensure that the needs of older LGBTI people are understood, respected and addressed in Australia’s aged care policies, programs and services. It also seeks to support the implementation of the National LGBTI Ageing and Aged Care Strategy developed by the Australian Department of Social Services in 2012.
The Conference provides background information on the needs of older LGBTI Australians and then focuses on practical strategies for LGBTI inclusive aged care services.
• An overview of National LGBTI Ageing and Aged Care Strategy
and its implementation
• The Rights of older LGBTI people
• The historical experiences of older LGBTI Australians and
• The health and wellbeing of older LGBTI Australians
• The needs of LGBTI people living with dementia
• The needs of Trans and Intersex clients
• Carers needs
• Strategies for building rapport and trust with older LGBTI
• Assessment strategies
• A framework of LGBTI inclusive services
• Examples of LGBTI inclusive home care and residential aged
• Strategies for caring for a client living with HIV
• Community supports for older LGBTI people.
Register for the special Welcome Event on the beautiful Melbourne Town Hall balcony, drinks and canapés included.
Carolyn Whyte: email@example.com p. 03 9479 8739