Join ACSA’s CEO, Pat Sparrow on a national webinar discussing the 2018/19 Budget, what it means for you and how it stacks up in meeting the challenges for our industry.
• David Tune in his independent review of the 2012 Living Longer, Living Better legislation noted the need for measures to ensure long-term sustainability of the sector. This requires assessment across the full spectrum of revenue levers such as private and public funds and insurance products.
• The latest data shows increasingly difficult financial results for aged care.
• Estimates highlight that Australia will need another 83,500 beds over the next 10 years to meet the rising demand, and this issue needs to part of a longer-term sustainability strategy.
• Recent home care data shows the number of people on a waiting list for a Home Care Package (HCP) has grown to nearly 105,000 people. More than half of those waiting for level 3 and 4 HCPs are in the queue for more than six months.
• Also, it is still not clear how current funding commitments will meet the projected need of about 140,000 HCPs by 2021/22 – an extra 66,000 packages.
Please note: Once you are registered, a week before the webinar ACSA will send you access details.
For more information about ACSA’s 2018/19 Pre-Budget Submission visit http://www.acsa.asn.au/ACSA/media/General/Documents/ACSA-2018-19-Pre-Budget-Submission.pdf
Register now to secure your place! This is a free event, however, registrations are essential via https://www.acsa.asn.au/Events/Library/E18CNAT010.