The new Aged Care Quality Standards is expected to be legislated from July 2018, with a 12 month transition period until July 2019.
The single set of quality standards will apply to all aged care services including residential care, home care and flexible care and services under the Commonwealth Home Support Program. The new standards focus on quality outcomes for consumers and target assessment activities based on risk.
ACSA is running a Newcastle Workshop ‘Unpacking the New Standards’ to support providers transition to the new single set of quality standards.
During the session participants will:
– Unpack the new Quality Standards and associated requirements
– Reflect on key learnings from non-compliance in applying the new Quality Standards
– Hear key messages to getting it right
– Explore ways to enhance consumer engagement and focus on consumer outcomes
– Identify their top five ‘must do’ actions to assist with transitioning to the new Quality Standards
– Receive resources to take away.
Date: Tuesday, 7 August 2018
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Newcastle – Maroba Manor, 58 Edith Street, Warratah NSW 2298
Target Audience: Senior leaders, managers, coordinators and staff from home care and residential care service providers.
If you have any questions regarding the education session contact Gayle Wain on Gayle.Wain@acsa.asn.au or our member advice service on firstname.lastname@example.org.