ARAS is proud to present its 2nd online forum in its 16th year of observing World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on Thursday 17th June 2021.
Aged Rights Advocacy Service (ARAS) is proud to present its 2nd online forum in its 16th year of observing World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD).
The online forum will be held on Thursday, 17th June 2021, from 10.30am – 1.30pm and will be opened by the Honourable Stephen Wade MLC, Minister for Health and Wellbeing.
Our theme for WEAAD this year is ‘Elder Abuse Prevention– Let’s Talk’.
Let’s come together and talk about how…
We can build a community that supports older people to retain control of their lives, enhance their wellbeing, and maintain their independence living at home.
We can create pathways for older people, to a future free of abuse.
This year our speakers are:
· Professor Richard Bruggemann, Flinders University, Senior South Australian of the Year 2021
· Commission Janet Anderson PSM, Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
· Carolanne Barkla, Chief Executive, ARAS
· Maree McCabe, Chief Executive, Dementia Australia
· Cassie Mason, Director, Office for Ageing Well
· Angela MacMillan, CBA Group Customer Advocate, Commonwealth Bank
· This forum will be run through Zoom.
Remember, there’s no excuse for abuse!