The Department of Health has developed a 30-minute online education course for care workers about protecting themselves and care recipients from infection with coronavirus.
The infection control training module “How to protect yourself and the people you are caring for from infection with COVID-19” was launched on Monday.
It targets workers across care sectors including aged care, health and disability.
The education covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19 including:
- COVID-19 – what is it?
- signs and symptoms
- keeping safe – protecting yourself and others
- myth busting.
The course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and includes a quiz at the end.
After completing the course, course participants should be able to:
- understand the basics about the COVID-19 virus, including how it is spread
- describe what you can do to protect yourself and others
- know what to do if you develop symptoms
- know what to do if the person you are caring for develops symptoms
- tell the difference between myths and facts of COVID-19.
The department is encouraging providers across aged care, health and disability sectors to consider and share the link with care workers.
Register to participate in the training here.
Up-to-date information about coronavirus (COVID-19) is available on the department’s website.
Comment below to have your say on this story