DTA is funded by the Federal Government to provide dementia education and training across Australia. Our mission is to improve the care and wellbeing of people living with dementia, and the staff delivering their care. DTA works with change-ready, aged-care organisations to develop Tailored Training Packages (TTPs).
TTPs are packages of courses, services and resources, designed to meet the unique needs of organisations. TTPs start with the understanding that staff need the right skills, knowledge and attitudes, and a built environment that supports them to provide high-quality care. They are designed to bring about sustainable improvements in these areas to improve the wellbeing of people living with dementia and the staff who care for them.
If you’re a decision-maker in your organisation and you want to join with the 263 sites currently engaged with a TTP to see real, lasting change, you can find out more by visiting TTPs where our website shows how we would help you to access a TTP in five simple steps:
- We help you identify your staff training needs
- We help you to assess your environment
- We help you determine your training priorities and objectives
- We present you with a menu of resources and courses for you to choose from
- We work with you to develop a MOU that describes your goals and what we will do together to achieve them.
TTPs allow us to get alongside organisations, really understand their needs and circumstances, and tailor training to reach their goals.
See DTA’s website for more information.