Industry association Aged Care Development Network (ACDN) has formally launched a membership platform for all people working in the aged care sector to support them in their career.
The platform, which is part of a system covering human resources, recruitment, rostering and payroll, aims to benefit both employees and employers.
ACDN is focused on attracting quality people to the aged care sector and then retaining them through engagement and compliance support, said CEO Michael Maher.
For aged care employees, the membership platform includes a free registration service for individual memberships and access to a dashboard that includes:
- My ePortfolio to keep track of and list education and employment experience to present to potential employers
- a continuing professional development (CPD) section, which includes access to five free courses
- a job board promoting new positions
- a section advertising casual positions and extra hours
- a member rewards program offering access discounts on day to day products and services.
- education and upskilling information on government-funded training
Mr Maher said membership was open to all people working in aged care whether they were a cleaner, carer, nurse, administration staff, facility manager or working in head office.
“We believe that aged care is a large and dynamic industry to work in with lots of opportunities for a long career pathway. Our job is to support you in having that career,” Mr Maher said.
For employers, the platform offers:
- assistance with recruitment
- credentialing of people who work in aged care to improve professionalism and mitigate risk
- support to manage mandatory training and meet compliance
“Just as aged providers have care plans for residents, this platform works like a care plan for their employees,” Mr Maher said.
See www.agedcaredn.com.au for more details.
Sign up to Technology Review’s weekly e-newsletter for news and analysis, as well as coverage of the latest products, resources and events. You can also follow Technology Review on Twitter. Send your company news, tip-offs and news on tech resources, products and events to firstname.lastname@example.org.